- Pet Talk: Healthy pets make for a happy holiday
- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
Jeet Kune Do masters featured at JKD Summit Seminar March 30-April 1
Online Staff Report
Bruce Lee enthusiasts and those who follow his self-defense system, Jeet Kune Do (JKD), will be treated to five JKD masters teaching at the JKD Summit Seminar March 30-April 1 at the Holiday Inn in Itasca, Ill.
Matt Numrich, organizer of the JKD Summit Seminar, said, “The core of the JKD Summit Seminar is to bring people of common interests together to celebrate Bruce Lee’s art of Jeet Kune Do.”
Inspired by the movie/documentary I Am Bruce Lee, the following “five pillars” of JKD will be featured live and in person: Tim Tackett, Dwight Woods, Rick Tucci, Daniel Lonero and Jim McCann.
Topics to be discussed range from Jeet Kune Do theories, as shared by their masters, some personal perspectives that have guided these experts in the world of JKD, as well as the demonstration of drills for attendees to learn.
The JKD Summit Seminar is hosted by the Elite Defense Systems. For more information, contact Numrich at (630) 837-7565 or visit http://www.jkdnewsletter.com/JKDseminars/.
Posted March 29, 2012