- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
Jeet Kune Do masters featured at JKD Summit Seminar March 30-April 1
Online Staff Report
Bruce Lee enthusiasts and those who follow his self-defense system, Jeet Kune Do (JKD), will be treated to five JKD masters teaching at the JKD Summit Seminar March 30-April 1 at the Holiday Inn in Itasca, Ill.
Matt Numrich, organizer of the JKD Summit Seminar, said, “The core of the JKD Summit Seminar is to bring people of common interests together to celebrate Bruce Lee’s art of Jeet Kune Do.”
Inspired by the movie/documentary I Am Bruce Lee, the following “five pillars” of JKD will be featured live and in person: Tim Tackett, Dwight Woods, Rick Tucci, Daniel Lonero and Jim McCann.
Topics to be discussed range from Jeet Kune Do theories, as shared by their masters, some personal perspectives that have guided these experts in the world of JKD, as well as the demonstration of drills for attendees to learn.
The JKD Summit Seminar is hosted by the Elite Defense Systems. For more information, contact Numrich at (630) 837-7565 or visit http://www.jkdnewsletter.com/JKDseminars/.
Posted March 29, 2012