- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Tickets on sale March 31 for AirFest concert featuring Cheap Trick
Online Staff Report
Tickets for the June 1 Rockford AirFest kickoff concert featuring Cheap Trick at the BMO Harris Bank Center will go on sale at 10 a.m., Saturday, March 31. Prices start at $20.
The concert lineup includes Rockford natives Cheap Trick as the headliners with opening acts The Sensations (featuring Holland Zander) and Miles Nielsen and The Rusted Hearts.
Tickets are available online at www.thebmoharrisbankcenter.com, at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office at 300 Elm St., Rockford, or at (815) 968-5222.
The concert is a family affair, of sorts. Holland Zander is the daughter of Cheap Trick lead singer Robin Zander, and Miles Nielsen is the son of Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen.
Attendees of the kickoff concert will be able to show their ticket stubs at the AirFest gates for free general admission into the event June 2 or 3. Concert stubs may be used for one entry only and must be forfeited upon admission to AirFest.
The concert is being coordinated through a new partnership between the Chicago Rockford International Airport and the Rockford Area Venues and Entertainment Authority (RAVE).
The 2012 Rockford AirFest, featuring the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, is June 2-3. Ticket information for AirFest is available at www.FlyRFD.com.
Posted March 30, 2012