- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Alpine Inn receives 2011 Best of Rockford Award
Alpine Inn has been selected for the 2011 Best of Rockford Award in the Hotels category by the U.S. Commerce Association (USCA).
The “Best of Local Business” Award Program recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. Each year, the USCA identifies companies they believe have achieved exceptional success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and community.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2011 USCA Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the USCA and data provided by local third parties.
The Alpine Inn was purchased in 2007 by the Captain’s Cabin, Inc., an Illinois corporation. Upon purchase, the president of the Captain’s Cabin, Inc., Tom Baudhuin, authorized a major capital improvement program financed internally, but made possible by the East State Street/Alpine tax increment financing (TIF) district.
With improvements under way, Baudhuin hired Kathryn Haun as the general manager in 2009. She oversaw the completion of the capital improvements while directing a staff toward maximizing the overall customer experience. Under Haun’s guidance, the Alpine Inn has moved from one of the poorest-ranked hotels on TripAdvisor to one of the highest with a “recommended” rating by the world-renowned hotel rating agency. The Alpine Inn now maintains a regular client list of regional corporations including Byron Nuclear Plant, Sundstrand and Chrysler.
The Alpine Inn is at 4404 E. State St., Rockford. Their phone number is (815) 399-1890.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue