- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Andrew Klinger wins Student Concerto Competition
Andrew Klinger, a sophomore at Milton (Wis.) High School, has won the opportunity to appear in concert as a soloist with the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra during its April concert, “New Directions!”.
“I’m very excited to be able to perform with the symphony,” Klinger said. “I know as a musician, I will be able to learn much from working with these professionals. I am very honored to have been chosen to perform.”
He will perform “Concerto in G Major for Flute, First Movement” by Johann Quantz during the concert at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, April 14, at the Janesville Performing Arts Center in Janesville, Wis.
Tickets are available at the door or can be purchased in advance by calling the box office at (608) 313-1200, or by visiting the website at http://beloitjanesvillesymphony.org/purchase-tickets/.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue