- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Andrew Klinger wins Student Concerto Competition
Andrew Klinger, a sophomore at Milton (Wis.) High School, has won the opportunity to appear in concert as a soloist with the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra during its April concert, “New Directions!”.
“I’m very excited to be able to perform with the symphony,” Klinger said. “I know as a musician, I will be able to learn much from working with these professionals. I am very honored to have been chosen to perform.”
He will perform “Concerto in G Major for Flute, First Movement” by Johann Quantz during the concert at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, April 14, at the Janesville Performing Arts Center in Janesville, Wis.
Tickets are available at the door or can be purchased in advance by calling the box office at (608) 313-1200, or by visiting the website at http://beloitjanesvillesymphony.org/purchase-tickets/.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue