- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Andrew Klinger wins Student Concerto Competition
Andrew Klinger, a sophomore at Milton (Wis.) High School, has won the opportunity to appear in concert as a soloist with the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra during its April concert, “New Directions!”.
“I’m very excited to be able to perform with the symphony,” Klinger said. “I know as a musician, I will be able to learn much from working with these professionals. I am very honored to have been chosen to perform.”
He will perform “Concerto in G Major for Flute, First Movement” by Johann Quantz during the concert at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, April 14, at the Janesville Performing Arts Center in Janesville, Wis.
Tickets are available at the door or can be purchased in advance by calling the box office at (608) 313-1200, or by visiting the website at http://beloitjanesvillesymphony.org/purchase-tickets/.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue