- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Andrew Klinger wins Student Concerto Competition
Andrew Klinger, a sophomore at Milton (Wis.) High School, has won the opportunity to appear in concert as a soloist with the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra during its April concert, “New Directions!”.
“I’m very excited to be able to perform with the symphony,” Klinger said. “I know as a musician, I will be able to learn much from working with these professionals. I am very honored to have been chosen to perform.”
He will perform “Concerto in G Major for Flute, First Movement” by Johann Quantz during the concert at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, April 14, at the Janesville Performing Arts Center in Janesville, Wis.
Tickets are available at the door or can be purchased in advance by calling the box office at (608) 313-1200, or by visiting the website at http://beloitjanesvillesymphony.org/purchase-tickets/.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue