- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Andrew Klinger wins Student Concerto Competition
Andrew Klinger, a sophomore at Milton (Wis.) High School, has won the opportunity to appear in concert as a soloist with the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra during its April concert, “New Directions!”.
“I’m very excited to be able to perform with the symphony,” Klinger said. “I know as a musician, I will be able to learn much from working with these professionals. I am very honored to have been chosen to perform.”
He will perform “Concerto in G Major for Flute, First Movement” by Johann Quantz during the concert at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, April 14, at the Janesville Performing Arts Center in Janesville, Wis.
Tickets are available at the door or can be purchased in advance by calling the box office at (608) 313-1200, or by visiting the website at http://beloitjanesvillesymphony.org/purchase-tickets/.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue