- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Baseball: Rockford RiverHawks set May 30, June 18 as Faith Nights at ballpark
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Rockford RiverHawks invite stateline families to attend one or both of their Faith Nights scheduled for this summer.
A Rockford-area businessman and devout Christian again bought out the park to sponsor Faith Night Wednesday, May 30, and Monday, June 18. Both games are scheduled for 7:05 p.m. starts at RiverHawks Stadium.
A church group can select one or both nights for individual or group tickets. It is the sponsor’s goal to allow all Christian people to enjoy a night at the ballpark.
Families and groups are asked to register for one or both games in advance to ensure they receive tickets. It is important that people reconize the generosity of this individual with the understanding that he wants everyone to have a great night at Riverhawks Stadium with their families and friends. This is the fourth straight year Faith Night has a sponsor.
“To be honest, I did not believe he would sponsor the night again this year. The man wrote the check to cover the tickets, and Faith Night lives again,” RiverHawks Director of Operations Chris Daleo said. “I hope that everyone can take part in this event and have fun at the ballpark, but tickets are going fast, and everyone has to hurry to reserve their seats.”
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, the premier independent professional baseball league that will play its 20th season in 2012. Advertising and season ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue