- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Beloit, Wis., author to sign copies of book April 7 at Turtle Creek Books
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — Beloit, Wis., author Erik Jelinek will sign copies of his book, Blessed in the Midst of Trial: Cancer, Chemo, and Keeping the Faith, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Saturday, April 7, at Turtle Creek Books, 444 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis.
Cancer. The word alone brings images of fear and loss. A young, healthy nonsmoker, Jelinek never would have dreamed he’d get lung cancer. But a routine exam triggered a series of tests that revealed stage three cancer.
A pastor and father of two, Jelinek approached his health struggles with a positive attitude, finding the blessings in his circumstances.
Continuous cluster headaches had plagued Jelinek for years, but they precipitated his regular checkups, which led to the discovery of the tumor.
In Blessed in the Midst of Trial, Jelinek tells his story of being diagnosed with cancer and how his fear was replaced with blessings.
This moving memoir gives a close-up glimpse into his battle with cancer and how he experienced God’s hand of grace and hope every step of the way. In each new set of circumstances, Jelinek found himself Blessed in the Midst of Trial. Strengthen your faith with this encouraging testimony of renewal and hope.
Posted April 4, 2012