- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Beloit, Wis., author to sign copies of book April 7 at Turtle Creek Books
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — Beloit, Wis., author Erik Jelinek will sign copies of his book, Blessed in the Midst of Trial: Cancer, Chemo, and Keeping the Faith, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Saturday, April 7, at Turtle Creek Books, 444 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis.
Cancer. The word alone brings images of fear and loss. A young, healthy nonsmoker, Jelinek never would have dreamed he’d get lung cancer. But a routine exam triggered a series of tests that revealed stage three cancer.
A pastor and father of two, Jelinek approached his health struggles with a positive attitude, finding the blessings in his circumstances.
Continuous cluster headaches had plagued Jelinek for years, but they precipitated his regular checkups, which led to the discovery of the tumor.
In Blessed in the Midst of Trial, Jelinek tells his story of being diagnosed with cancer and how his fear was replaced with blessings.
This moving memoir gives a close-up glimpse into his battle with cancer and how he experienced God’s hand of grace and hope every step of the way. In each new set of circumstances, Jelinek found himself Blessed in the Midst of Trial. Strengthen your faith with this encouraging testimony of renewal and hope.
Posted April 4, 2012