- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Community Egg Hunt set for April 7
The free Rockford Park District Community Egg Hunt will be at 11 a.m., Saturday, April 7, at Anna Page Park, 3201 Springfield Ave., Rockford.
Held rain or shine, children will enjoy finding colorful eggs among thousands containing prizes and treats, and having a photo taken with the Bunny.
Family activities for all ages will be held from 10 to 10:45 a.m. in the Peter Cottontail play area, and music will be provided by Super Stolie. Refreshments may be purchased from the Friends of Lockwood, with all proceeds benefiting Lockwood Park.
The Egg Hunt begins at 11 a.m. for children ages 2-7, who will be grouped by ages: 2, 3-4 and 5-7. The event will continue while eggs last.
All children will be provided a bag for collecting eggs; no outside bags/containers will be allowed.
Those attending are encouraged to carpool if possible, as parking is limited.
Visit rockfordparkdistrict.org or call (815) 987-8800 for more details.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue