- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Community Egg Hunt set for April 7
The free Rockford Park District Community Egg Hunt will be at 11 a.m., Saturday, April 7, at Anna Page Park, 3201 Springfield Ave., Rockford.
Held rain or shine, children will enjoy finding colorful eggs among thousands containing prizes and treats, and having a photo taken with the Bunny.
Family activities for all ages will be held from 10 to 10:45 a.m. in the Peter Cottontail play area, and music will be provided by Super Stolie. Refreshments may be purchased from the Friends of Lockwood, with all proceeds benefiting Lockwood Park.
The Egg Hunt begins at 11 a.m. for children ages 2-7, who will be grouped by ages: 2, 3-4 and 5-7. The event will continue while eggs last.
All children will be provided a bag for collecting eggs; no outside bags/containers will be allowed.
Those attending are encouraged to carpool if possible, as parking is limited.
Visit rockfordparkdistrict.org or call (815) 987-8800 for more details.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue