- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Community Egg Hunt set for April 7
The free Rockford Park District Community Egg Hunt will be at 11 a.m., Saturday, April 7, at Anna Page Park, 3201 Springfield Ave., Rockford.
Held rain or shine, children will enjoy finding colorful eggs among thousands containing prizes and treats, and having a photo taken with the Bunny.
Family activities for all ages will be held from 10 to 10:45 a.m. in the Peter Cottontail play area, and music will be provided by Super Stolie. Refreshments may be purchased from the Friends of Lockwood, with all proceeds benefiting Lockwood Park.
The Egg Hunt begins at 11 a.m. for children ages 2-7, who will be grouped by ages: 2, 3-4 and 5-7. The event will continue while eggs last.
All children will be provided a bag for collecting eggs; no outside bags/containers will be allowed.
Those attending are encouraged to carpool if possible, as parking is limited.
Visit rockfordparkdistrict.org or call (815) 987-8800 for more details.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue