- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Deadline April 13 for Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular
Online Staff Report
CHICAGO — The Junior Board of Cinema/Chicago and The Chicago International Film Festival, the oldest competitive film festival in North America, have announced the Call for Entries for The Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular. This contest, in which filmmakers will create a 1-minute homage to their favorite film or film scene, accepts entries through April 13. It is open to amateur and professional filmmakers.
Approximately 15 films will be selected by the Junior Board and screened at a party Monday, April 30 (location TBD). Tickets to the event are $25 and are available for purchase at http://www.chicagofilmfestival.com/catalog/. The audience will then vote for their favorite film, which will be shown before the Junior Board screening at the 48th Chicago International Film Festival Oct. 11-25, 2012. The winning film is not an official selection of the Chicago International Film Festival, nor does the film’s director receive festival benefits or accreditation.
The complete Rules and Regulations for the Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular can be found at http://www.cinemachicago.org/about_us/jr_board.php.
Posted April 4, 2012