- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Deadline April 13 for Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular
Online Staff Report
CHICAGO — The Junior Board of Cinema/Chicago and The Chicago International Film Festival, the oldest competitive film festival in North America, have announced the Call for Entries for The Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular. This contest, in which filmmakers will create a 1-minute homage to their favorite film or film scene, accepts entries through April 13. It is open to amateur and professional filmmakers.
Approximately 15 films will be selected by the Junior Board and screened at a party Monday, April 30 (location TBD). Tickets to the event are $25 and are available for purchase at http://www.chicagofilmfestival.com/catalog/. The audience will then vote for their favorite film, which will be shown before the Junior Board screening at the 48th Chicago International Film Festival Oct. 11-25, 2012. The winning film is not an official selection of the Chicago International Film Festival, nor does the film’s director receive festival benefits or accreditation.
The complete Rules and Regulations for the Reely Teeny Weeny Film Spectacular can be found at http://www.cinemachicago.org/about_us/jr_board.php.
Posted April 4, 2012