- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
Girl Scouts extend cookie sales through April 8
Local Girl Scouts have extended their cookie sales through Sunday, April 8.
The extension allows community members added opportunities to purchase cookies at area locations and helps local troops earn increased funding.
Girl Scout Cookie Booths are the final phase of the Girl Scout Cookie Program and allow people to buy Girl Scout cookies through direct sales to the public.
All booth locations accept cash and checks payable to Girl Scouts. All eight varieties of Girl Scout cookies will be on sale for $4 a box.
Cookie fans can find nearby Girl Scout Cookie Booths by using a free Cookie Locator mobile app. The Cookie Locator App can be downloaded for free by calling **GSCookies (**472665437) from your mobile phone or by searching for “Cookie Locator” in the iPhone App Store or Android Marketplace.
Customers can also visit www.girlscoutsni.org and use the cookie locator on the homepage.
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois serves nearly 20,000 girls and 6,000 adult volunteers in parts or all of Boone, Carroll, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside and Winnebago counties.
For more about the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois, visit www.girlscoutsni.org or call 1-800-242-5591.
Posted April 4, 2012