- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Golf: Park District offers golf specialty clinics beginning April 13
• 90-minute individual sessions meet Friday evenings and Saturday mornings
Adult golfers ages 18 and older who want to improve their game are invited to sign up for Rockford Park District golf specialty clinics scheduled in April, May and June.
The 90-minute individual sessions meet Friday evenings or Saturday mornings from April 13 through June 23 at Aldeen Practice Centre, and cover various aspects of the game.
Attend all, some or one — each clinic will focus on a specific type of shot or skill: Putt/Chip, Pitch/Sand, Pitch/Bunker, Irons, Woods, Trouble Shots and Full Swing.
Fees are $20 per clinic ($23 non-resident). Register at least one week prior to each clinic, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now) or by mail, fax (with credit card), or at either Park District Customer Service location (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park). Registration will close as capacities are reached.
A schedule of all clinics and topics, as well as a registration form, are included in the Spring/Summer 2012 Program Guide available on the Park District website, at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
For information about support or adapted golf programs for golfers with disabilities or special needs, call (815) 987-8800.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue