- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Golf: Park District offers golf specialty clinics beginning April 13
• 90-minute individual sessions meet Friday evenings and Saturday mornings
Adult golfers ages 18 and older who want to improve their game are invited to sign up for Rockford Park District golf specialty clinics scheduled in April, May and June.
The 90-minute individual sessions meet Friday evenings or Saturday mornings from April 13 through June 23 at Aldeen Practice Centre, and cover various aspects of the game.
Attend all, some or one — each clinic will focus on a specific type of shot or skill: Putt/Chip, Pitch/Sand, Pitch/Bunker, Irons, Woods, Trouble Shots and Full Swing.
Fees are $20 per clinic ($23 non-resident). Register at least one week prior to each clinic, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now) or by mail, fax (with credit card), or at either Park District Customer Service location (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park). Registration will close as capacities are reached.
A schedule of all clinics and topics, as well as a registration form, are included in the Spring/Summer 2012 Program Guide available on the Park District website, at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
For information about support or adapted golf programs for golfers with disabilities or special needs, call (815) 987-8800.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue