- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Golf: Park District offers golf specialty clinics beginning April 13
• 90-minute individual sessions meet Friday evenings and Saturday mornings
Adult golfers ages 18 and older who want to improve their game are invited to sign up for Rockford Park District golf specialty clinics scheduled in April, May and June.
The 90-minute individual sessions meet Friday evenings or Saturday mornings from April 13 through June 23 at Aldeen Practice Centre, and cover various aspects of the game.
Attend all, some or one — each clinic will focus on a specific type of shot or skill: Putt/Chip, Pitch/Sand, Pitch/Bunker, Irons, Woods, Trouble Shots and Full Swing.
Fees are $20 per clinic ($23 non-resident). Register at least one week prior to each clinic, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now) or by mail, fax (with credit card), or at either Park District Customer Service location (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park). Registration will close as capacities are reached.
A schedule of all clinics and topics, as well as a registration form, are included in the Spring/Summer 2012 Program Guide available on the Park District website, at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
For information about support or adapted golf programs for golfers with disabilities or special needs, call (815) 987-8800.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue