Lane, ramp closures begin April 4 around North Second Street bridge
The Illinois Department of Transportation will begin construction of the second phase of work on the North Second Street (Illinois Route 251) bridge over Spring Creek Road.
This phase of the project includes replacing the northbound bridge at North Second Street and Spring Creek Road and will last until early October.
During this phase, drivers can expect the following closures:
• One lane of northbound North Second Street (Illinois 251)
• One lane of southbound North Second Street (Illinois 251)
• One lane of eastbound Spring Creek Road
• One lane of westbound Spring Creek Road
• Eastbound Spring Creek Road to northbound Illinois 251 ramp (starts April 4)
• Westbound Spring Creek Road to southbound Illinois 251 ramp (starts April 4)
• Northbound Illinois 251 to westbound Spring Creek Road ramp (starts April 4)
Drivers are encouraged to consider alternate routes during the project construction. Drivers are also reminded to obey work zone speed limits and to stay alert for workers when driving through the construction zone.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue
Print This Article