- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Mendelssohn Club says thanks
March has been filled with beautiful weather and wonderful music, and the Mendelssohn Club is looking forward to even more of both in April! We’re so excited to bring you the world premiere of Donald Fraser’s new choral/orchestral song cycle, “Songs of the World,” on April 27. Our Mendelssohn Chorale, the Rock Valley Children’s Choir and Belvidere High School Choir have all begun rehearsing for this amazing concert, and our Mendelssohn Chamber Orchestra will begin rehearsals next week. We hope you will join us for this world premiere performance — right here in Rockford!
We’ll be announcing our 2012-2013 Concert Season at “Songs of the World,” and season brochures will be available that evening. Our upcoming season is full of diverse music and outstanding guest artists, and we can’t wait to reveal it to you! We’re also excited to introduce our new “FLEX” pass that will allow greater flexibility in your concert choices, as well as cost savings over the purchase of single tickets.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming concerts, and especially hope you’ll join us at our new “Jazz at Emerson” series, kicking off April 19 with Dan Pincus and Jim McElhaney!
Thank you for your continued support and interest in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center!
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue