- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
New restaurant to open in former Paragon space in early summer
A new restaurant is scheduled to open early this summer in the former Paragon restaurant space at 205 W. State St., downtown Rockford.
The management team that owns and operates Onyx Bar & Grill, 1001 W. Lane Road, Machesney Park, and R.B.I.’s Bar and Restaurant, 3870 N. Perryville Road, plans to develop a family-friendly sports bar and restaurant inside the 8,000-square-foot space.
Sunil Puri, president of First Rockford Group, which owns the property, said: “This group of talented individuals has already created two of the top five locally-owned bar and grill locations in the Rock River Valley. We are excited to bring that kind of energy to this former fine dining restaurant. People say there is nothing to do in downtown, so we are trying to give more people a reason to come to Rockford’s center.”
The facility has easy access to parking and all of the major arts venues in downtown Rockford — the BMO Harris Bank Center, Davis Park and the Coronado Performing Arts Center — and is expected to employ an additional 50 to 60 people.
“This restaurant will have a unique menu and fast, efficient lunch service,” Puri said. “They are hoping to draw primarily from the people who are already coming downtown for live entertainment at the BMO Harris Bank Center or Coronado, as well as those who are coming out to the City Market, Friday Night Flix and all of the fantastic programming at Davis Park.”
The restaurant will feature a brick pizza oven, meeting room and catering menu.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue