- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
New restaurant to open in former Paragon space in early summer
A new restaurant is scheduled to open early this summer in the former Paragon restaurant space at 205 W. State St., downtown Rockford.
The management team that owns and operates Onyx Bar & Grill, 1001 W. Lane Road, Machesney Park, and R.B.I.’s Bar and Restaurant, 3870 N. Perryville Road, plans to develop a family-friendly sports bar and restaurant inside the 8,000-square-foot space.
Sunil Puri, president of First Rockford Group, which owns the property, said: “This group of talented individuals has already created two of the top five locally-owned bar and grill locations in the Rock River Valley. We are excited to bring that kind of energy to this former fine dining restaurant. People say there is nothing to do in downtown, so we are trying to give more people a reason to come to Rockford’s center.”
The facility has easy access to parking and all of the major arts venues in downtown Rockford — the BMO Harris Bank Center, Davis Park and the Coronado Performing Arts Center — and is expected to employ an additional 50 to 60 people.
“This restaurant will have a unique menu and fast, efficient lunch service,” Puri said. “They are hoping to draw primarily from the people who are already coming downtown for live entertainment at the BMO Harris Bank Center or Coronado, as well as those who are coming out to the City Market, Friday Night Flix and all of the fantastic programming at Davis Park.”
The restaurant will feature a brick pizza oven, meeting room and catering menu.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue