- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
New restaurant to open in former Paragon space in early summer
A new restaurant is scheduled to open early this summer in the former Paragon restaurant space at 205 W. State St., downtown Rockford.
The management team that owns and operates Onyx Bar & Grill, 1001 W. Lane Road, Machesney Park, and R.B.I.’s Bar and Restaurant, 3870 N. Perryville Road, plans to develop a family-friendly sports bar and restaurant inside the 8,000-square-foot space.
Sunil Puri, president of First Rockford Group, which owns the property, said: “This group of talented individuals has already created two of the top five locally-owned bar and grill locations in the Rock River Valley. We are excited to bring that kind of energy to this former fine dining restaurant. People say there is nothing to do in downtown, so we are trying to give more people a reason to come to Rockford’s center.”
The facility has easy access to parking and all of the major arts venues in downtown Rockford — the BMO Harris Bank Center, Davis Park and the Coronado Performing Arts Center — and is expected to employ an additional 50 to 60 people.
“This restaurant will have a unique menu and fast, efficient lunch service,” Puri said. “They are hoping to draw primarily from the people who are already coming downtown for live entertainment at the BMO Harris Bank Center or Coronado, as well as those who are coming out to the City Market, Friday Night Flix and all of the fantastic programming at Davis Park.”
The restaurant will feature a brick pizza oven, meeting room and catering menu.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue