- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Noah Karvelis awarded RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship
• Pecatonica High senior organizer of the band The Sasparillas
Noah Karvelis, son of John and Gina Karvelis, is this year’s recipient of the Rockford Area Music Industry’s (RAMI) Youth Charity Jam Scholarship.
Noah will be graduating from Pecatonica High School and will attend Northern Illinois University to study music education, with plans to become a percussion instructor at a four-year university.
Noah has been a member of the school band since 2004 and organizer of the band The Sasparillas, which participated the last two years in the RAMI Youth Charity Jam.
“I put this band together from scratch, managed it, and composed most aspects of the music,” Noah said. “The process of forming this band and leading it to success has taught me many things, and I am positive these skills will be invaluable as I pursue a career in music.”
To date, $2,000 has been awarded from the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship Fund.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue