- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Noah Karvelis awarded RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship
• Pecatonica High senior organizer of the band The Sasparillas
Noah Karvelis, son of John and Gina Karvelis, is this year’s recipient of the Rockford Area Music Industry’s (RAMI) Youth Charity Jam Scholarship.
Noah will be graduating from Pecatonica High School and will attend Northern Illinois University to study music education, with plans to become a percussion instructor at a four-year university.
Noah has been a member of the school band since 2004 and organizer of the band The Sasparillas, which participated the last two years in the RAMI Youth Charity Jam.
“I put this band together from scratch, managed it, and composed most aspects of the music,” Noah said. “The process of forming this band and leading it to success has taught me many things, and I am positive these skills will be invaluable as I pursue a career in music.”
To date, $2,000 has been awarded from the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship Fund.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue