- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
RAMI Cocktail Party, Awards Ceremony April 13
The 21st Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Cocktail Party and Awards Ceremony is set for Friday, April 13, at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford.
The Cocktail Party will be from 5 to 6:30 p.m., with the Awards Ceremony starting at 7 p.m. Admission to the Cocktail Party is $10 for members of the RAMI Musicians Organization, $15 for non-members.
Members of the RAMI Musicians Organization may reserve a table for eight at $80, non-members $100 for both the Cocktail Party and the Awards Ceremony. To reserve a table, send a check or money order to RAMI, P.O. Box 4128, Rockford, IL 61110. For more information, contact Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021.
Emcees for the evening will be Chip Messiner and Don Beinborn. The recipients of the Gary S. Wilmer and RAMI Youth Charity scholarships will be recognized. Dwayne Barker, The Usual Suspects and Southern Heritage will be inducted into the RAMI Hall of Fame.
Performers will include the three top winners of the 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam — Daybreak, Shattered Picks and Marie Ivory — as well as New Royal Travelers, Fresh Hot Fritters, Kelly Steward, Galaxia, Radio Stars, Big Daddy Woo Woo with the Rockford Steppers Club and IRON CROSS.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. to those attending the RAMI Awards Ceremony. Admission is $7 at the door. Members of the RAMI Musicians Organization can show their membership card and get it in free. Memberships ($15 for two years, $10 for one year) can be purchased at the door.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue