- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Red Mango in Machesney Park to give away free frozen yogurt April 7
Red Mango is giving away free frozen yogurt from 2 to 6 p.m., Saturday, April 7, as part of the grand opening of its new store, 1093 W. Lane Road, in Machesney Park, near Route 173 and 251.
The store, which opened earlier this month, joins Red Mango’s other Rockford location, 6876 Spring Creek Road.
Grand opening festivities at the Machesney Park location will include a ribbon-cutting with the Rockford Chamber of Commerce Friday, April 6, and free yogurt for attendees, along with other prizes and giveaways Saturday.
The first 100 people in line Saturday at 2 p.m. will receive a Red Mango T-shirt, and everyone can register to win an Apple Ipad. WZOK will also be doing a live remote from the store beginning at 2 p.m., with additional giveaways from the radio station.
Although the event is free, Red Mango will be collecting donations on behalf of Anderson Packaging Inc.’s Tracy Barr Project E.L.L.F. (Enriching the Lives of the Less Fortunate).
Founded in 2007, E.L.L.F has raised more than $325,000 in donations for the Rockford Rescue Mission, the Red Cross Homeless Shelter, Rockford MELD, The Rock River Valley Food Pantry and others.
Paul Hornick, owner of Red Mango, said, “We embraced the idea of Project E.L.L.F. because in 2011 Anderson Packaging Inc. matched $50,000 to the employees’ $61,000 in donations, and it is distributed among the most needy charities in the stateline area.”
Red Mango offers 40 flavors of all-natural, nonfat frozen yogurt, including the company’s core flavors — all at around 100 calories per serving.
The company’s signature product, which is rich in probiotics, low in calories, nonfat, kosher and gluten-free, has been the foundation for a popular menu that now includes 20 varieties of fresh fruit smoothies, made-to-order fruit parfaits, hot chocolate and all-natural probiotic iced teas.
Visit www.redmangousa.com for details.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue