- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Red Mango in Machesney Park to give away free frozen yogurt April 7
Red Mango is giving away free frozen yogurt from 2 to 6 p.m., Saturday, April 7, as part of the grand opening of its new store, 1093 W. Lane Road, in Machesney Park, near Route 173 and 251.
The store, which opened earlier this month, joins Red Mango’s other Rockford location, 6876 Spring Creek Road.
Grand opening festivities at the Machesney Park location will include a ribbon-cutting with the Rockford Chamber of Commerce Friday, April 6, and free yogurt for attendees, along with other prizes and giveaways Saturday.
The first 100 people in line Saturday at 2 p.m. will receive a Red Mango T-shirt, and everyone can register to win an Apple Ipad. WZOK will also be doing a live remote from the store beginning at 2 p.m., with additional giveaways from the radio station.
Although the event is free, Red Mango will be collecting donations on behalf of Anderson Packaging Inc.’s Tracy Barr Project E.L.L.F. (Enriching the Lives of the Less Fortunate).
Founded in 2007, E.L.L.F has raised more than $325,000 in donations for the Rockford Rescue Mission, the Red Cross Homeless Shelter, Rockford MELD, The Rock River Valley Food Pantry and others.
Paul Hornick, owner of Red Mango, said, “We embraced the idea of Project E.L.L.F. because in 2011 Anderson Packaging Inc. matched $50,000 to the employees’ $61,000 in donations, and it is distributed among the most needy charities in the stateline area.”
Red Mango offers 40 flavors of all-natural, nonfat frozen yogurt, including the company’s core flavors — all at around 100 calories per serving.
The company’s signature product, which is rich in probiotics, low in calories, nonfat, kosher and gluten-free, has been the foundation for a popular menu that now includes 20 varieties of fresh fruit smoothies, made-to-order fruit parfaits, hot chocolate and all-natural probiotic iced teas.
Visit www.redmangousa.com for details.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue