- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Veteran radio personality to host radio talk show
Sept. 29, 2009, former Rockford radio personality veteran Cheryl Edwards accompanied with her son, Stephen, shared their personal struggle with prescription pills on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Today, Edwards — a.k.a. K.C. Meadows to her WYBR and WXRX listeners and Cheryl Jackson to her WKKN, WZOK and Q98.5 listening audience — is a speaker and activist against prescription drug abuse and soon will be hosting Speak Now Live, a one-hour radio talk show scheduled to air beginning Saturday, April 7, at 1 p.m. on WFEN 88.3 or 103.3 FM.
The one-hour talk radio program will deliver thoughtful and detailed discussions of the issues, events and people in the news throughout the nation with primary focus on matters directly affecting the city of Rockford and the stateline area.
Human rights award winner, activist, speaker and author of Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher, Gwen Olsen is scheduled to join Edwards for the show’s premiere April 7. The topic will be “Medication Nation” about the prescription drug epidemic in America that has made its way to the local area.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue