- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
Veteran radio personality to host radio talk show
Sept. 29, 2009, former Rockford radio personality veteran Cheryl Edwards accompanied with her son, Stephen, shared their personal struggle with prescription pills on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Today, Edwards — a.k.a. K.C. Meadows to her WYBR and WXRX listeners and Cheryl Jackson to her WKKN, WZOK and Q98.5 listening audience — is a speaker and activist against prescription drug abuse and soon will be hosting Speak Now Live, a one-hour radio talk show scheduled to air beginning Saturday, April 7, at 1 p.m. on WFEN 88.3 or 103.3 FM.
The one-hour talk radio program will deliver thoughtful and detailed discussions of the issues, events and people in the news throughout the nation with primary focus on matters directly affecting the city of Rockford and the stateline area.
Human rights award winner, activist, speaker and author of Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher, Gwen Olsen is scheduled to join Edwards for the show’s premiere April 7. The topic will be “Medication Nation” about the prescription drug epidemic in America that has made its way to the local area.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue