- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Veteran radio personality to host radio talk show
Sept. 29, 2009, former Rockford radio personality veteran Cheryl Edwards accompanied with her son, Stephen, shared their personal struggle with prescription pills on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Today, Edwards — a.k.a. K.C. Meadows to her WYBR and WXRX listeners and Cheryl Jackson to her WKKN, WZOK and Q98.5 listening audience — is a speaker and activist against prescription drug abuse and soon will be hosting Speak Now Live, a one-hour radio talk show scheduled to air beginning Saturday, April 7, at 1 p.m. on WFEN 88.3 or 103.3 FM.
The one-hour talk radio program will deliver thoughtful and detailed discussions of the issues, events and people in the news throughout the nation with primary focus on matters directly affecting the city of Rockford and the stateline area.
Human rights award winner, activist, speaker and author of Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher, Gwen Olsen is scheduled to join Edwards for the show’s premiere April 7. The topic will be “Medication Nation” about the prescription drug epidemic in America that has made its way to the local area.
From the April 4-10, 2012, issue