- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Schnucks shoppers invited to vote for their favorite produce manager
Online Staff Report
April 8-May 5, all Schnucks, Logli and Hilander shoppers are invited to stop by their local produce department and vote for their favorite produce manager via a special text message poll.
Shoppers are asked to send a text message with their store’s special keyword — found on in-store signage — to a designated number throughout the month. The produce manager with the most votes wins the coveted title of “Best Produce Manager,” and one shopper who votes will be randomly selected to win a $500 Schnucks gift card.
Throughout the month of April, a variety of unique and unusual fruits and vegetables will be featured as part of the promotion, including a different produce theme each week: Asian Specialties, Specialty Vegetables, Specialty Fruits and Latin Specialties. In addition, every Schnucks, Logli and Hilander produce manager will host free two-hour tasting events on Saturdays to share their “fresh expertise” and offer free samples of the featured fruits. Sampling dates are April 14, 21, 28 and May 5 during peak hours. (Times will vary by store.)
Hosted by Frieda’s Specialty Produce Company in honor of its 50th anniversary, Love Your Produce Manager aims to shine the spotlight on exemplary customer service in the produce department. For Frieda’s, the supermarket produce manager plays a key role in making a variety of unique fruits and veggies available to U.S. consumers.
“Fifty years ago, a single produce manager was instrumental to the introduction of Kiwifruit to America,” said Karen Caplan, Frieda’s president and CEO. “His willingness to listen to a shopper’s request and try something new made a difference. Frieda’s Inc. brought in the first shipment of New Zealand-grown Kiwifruit at his request, and today, the fruit is a much-loved commodity, available in just about every supermarket across the United States.”
This is why Frieda’s and Schnucks encourage shoppers to Love their Produce Managers. Mike O’Brien, vice president of produce at Schnuck Markets Inc., said: “Talk to your produce manager. Ask him or her about what’s in season, what tastes good. And, if you can’t find something, request it!”
“Even after 50 years, it still starts with the Produce Manager,” Caplan added.
Visit www.friedas.com/SchnucksLYPM for details and more information.
Posted April 9, 2012