- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Come to the Tea Party event for Tax Day, April 15
Tax Day, April 15, it will be 206 days, or six months, 22 days, until the Nov. 6 election. Were we pleased at the primary election outcome? Speaking for Northern IL Tea Party, we were not buoyed up by Congressman Adam Kinzinger’s defeat of Manzullo. Don Manzullo was the most conservative of the 11 Republicans in the Illinois delegation. Kinzinger is No. 8.
We know that the Democrats/unions came out in force for Kinzinger. Manzullo had $350,000 spent against him by out-of-state organizations, including $100,000 from a union-backed organization. The smooth-talking first-term congressman may face no opposition in the general election.
What does the Tea party hope to accomplish in the time before Nov. 6? We face an implacable enemy in the mainstream media (MSM), accepting every excuse President Barack Obama offers. Gas prices passed $4, ObamaCare will crush employment, and ever-increasing regulation is killing businesses. Join us on Tax Day, Sunday, April 15, with Congressmen Joe Walsh (8th) and Bobby Schilling (17th) at the Band Shell of Sinnissippi Park from 1-4 p.m. in Rockford. It is the three-year anniversary of Rockford Tea Party, and anyone may give a 1-minute speech!
Coordinator, Northern IL Tea Party
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue