- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Focus on principles in the election
How about Americans focus on principles, not personalities, in the upcoming presidential elections? George W. Bush didn’t nearly destroy America, his policies did. President Barack Obama took a Republican idea of an individual mandate for health insurance. Some thought it was a great principle, until Obama signed on to it. Mitt Romney doesn’t even have the courage to stand up for it, even though he borrowed it from conservative think tanks and the like. Republican policies and philosophies keep us in financial turmoil and war, and Democrats routinely bring prosperity and peace. I get perplexed when I hear so many people who can’t wait to go back to the same failed policies with a different candidate.
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue