- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Focus on principles in the election
How about Americans focus on principles, not personalities, in the upcoming presidential elections? George W. Bush didn’t nearly destroy America, his policies did. President Barack Obama took a Republican idea of an individual mandate for health insurance. Some thought it was a great principle, until Obama signed on to it. Mitt Romney doesn’t even have the courage to stand up for it, even though he borrowed it from conservative think tanks and the like. Republican policies and philosophies keep us in financial turmoil and war, and Democrats routinely bring prosperity and peace. I get perplexed when I hear so many people who can’t wait to go back to the same failed policies with a different candidate.
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue