- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Local radio show added to new Internet talk station
Rockford-based “JB Radio” has announced it has been added to the lineup of PKNRadio.com. “JB Radio” is hosted by JB Love, a former host at 97ZOK in Rockford, and current ZOK personality Rob Himself.
Dubbed by its hosts as “the show about nothing,” JB Radio launched earlier this year with a format that covers a range of topics — from local news to new music to tech talk, and just about anything else that comes to mind.
Recent programs have included a live broadcast from Rockford’s popular Olympic Tavern and a special call-in by American Idol Season Five contestant Paris Bennett, who is a Rockford native.
“The addition of the show to PKNRadio.com’s lineup has helped broaden our reach,” said Rob, who spends his days working at a newspaper and his nights running his company, Sonic Rockford DJ Service. “We’ve had callers check in from as far away as Nashville and Seattle.”
Added JB, who works for Maverick Media: “We launched JB Radio for the sole purpose of having complete control of our own radio show. By joining an Internet radio station such as PKNR, the possibilities are endless.”
PKNRadio.com is a 24-hour hot talk Internet radio station based in the Detroit area. The station’s lineup includes regular shows that air Monday through Friday and various shows that air episodes. JB Radio airs at 7 p.m. Fridays and re-airs the following Monday night.
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue