- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Local radio show added to new Internet talk station
Rockford-based “JB Radio” has announced it has been added to the lineup of PKNRadio.com. “JB Radio” is hosted by JB Love, a former host at 97ZOK in Rockford, and current ZOK personality Rob Himself.
Dubbed by its hosts as “the show about nothing,” JB Radio launched earlier this year with a format that covers a range of topics — from local news to new music to tech talk, and just about anything else that comes to mind.
Recent programs have included a live broadcast from Rockford’s popular Olympic Tavern and a special call-in by American Idol Season Five contestant Paris Bennett, who is a Rockford native.
“The addition of the show to PKNRadio.com’s lineup has helped broaden our reach,” said Rob, who spends his days working at a newspaper and his nights running his company, Sonic Rockford DJ Service. “We’ve had callers check in from as far away as Nashville and Seattle.”
Added JB, who works for Maverick Media: “We launched JB Radio for the sole purpose of having complete control of our own radio show. By joining an Internet radio station such as PKNR, the possibilities are endless.”
PKNRadio.com is a 24-hour hot talk Internet radio station based in the Detroit area. The station’s lineup includes regular shows that air Monday through Friday and various shows that air episodes. JB Radio airs at 7 p.m. Fridays and re-airs the following Monday night.
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue