- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Rep. Chuck Jefferson will continue to serve
Following the recent primary election, I am humbled and grateful for the opportunity to return to Springfield to address the state’s issues and to be a strong voice for the Rockford area.
I look forward to continuing my efforts to make our district an even greater place to live. I will work to do everything in my power to make our neighborhoods safer, fight for tougher laws against sex offenders and violent criminals, keep illegal guns off the streets, crack down on gangs, and create good-paying jobs for our community.
During these tough economic times, the General Assembly has many tough decisions to make. I will be working to create a responsible budget that reins in state spending while preserving the most vital programs for senior citizens, people with disabilities and veterans.
After this hard-fought primary election, I also wanted to sincerely thank all of my friends, family, volunteers and members of the community who have supported me. I would not be able to fight for our district without your support.
State Representative, 67th District
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue