- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rep. Chuck Jefferson will continue to serve
Following the recent primary election, I am humbled and grateful for the opportunity to return to Springfield to address the state’s issues and to be a strong voice for the Rockford area.
I look forward to continuing my efforts to make our district an even greater place to live. I will work to do everything in my power to make our neighborhoods safer, fight for tougher laws against sex offenders and violent criminals, keep illegal guns off the streets, crack down on gangs, and create good-paying jobs for our community.
During these tough economic times, the General Assembly has many tough decisions to make. I will be working to create a responsible budget that reins in state spending while preserving the most vital programs for senior citizens, people with disabilities and veterans.
After this hard-fought primary election, I also wanted to sincerely thank all of my friends, family, volunteers and members of the community who have supported me. I would not be able to fight for our district without your support.
State Representative, 67th District
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue