- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Stateline Youth for Christ offer Spring Concert Benefit April 28
Online Staff Report
Stateline Youth for Christ will offer their Spring Concert Benefit Saturday, April 28, at First Covenant Church, 316 Wood Road, Rockford.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with event running 7-9 p.m.
The evening will feature a piano/organ concert by Alan Tripp and Scott Griffin and guest speaker Dan Wolgemuth, president/CEO of Youth for Christ/USA.
After the program, there will be a light appetizer/dessert reception.
Stateline Youth for Christ works alongside churches, schools and organizations to reach at-risk youth through mentoring and tutoring, and helping students improve their social, academic and spiritual health. The local chapter is part of the bigger effort of Youth for Christ, started in 1944. More information about Youth for Christ can be found at www.yfc.net.
Posted April 11, 2012