- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
Stateline Youth for Christ offer Spring Concert Benefit April 28
Online Staff Report
Stateline Youth for Christ will offer their Spring Concert Benefit Saturday, April 28, at First Covenant Church, 316 Wood Road, Rockford.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with event running 7-9 p.m.
The evening will feature a piano/organ concert by Alan Tripp and Scott Griffin and guest speaker Dan Wolgemuth, president/CEO of Youth for Christ/USA.
After the program, there will be a light appetizer/dessert reception.
Stateline Youth for Christ works alongside churches, schools and organizations to reach at-risk youth through mentoring and tutoring, and helping students improve their social, academic and spiritual health. The local chapter is part of the bigger effort of Youth for Christ, started in 1944. More information about Youth for Christ can be found at www.yfc.net.
Posted April 11, 2012