- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Stateline Youth for Christ offer Spring Concert Benefit April 28
Online Staff Report
Stateline Youth for Christ will offer their Spring Concert Benefit Saturday, April 28, at First Covenant Church, 316 Wood Road, Rockford.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with event running 7-9 p.m.
The evening will feature a piano/organ concert by Alan Tripp and Scott Griffin and guest speaker Dan Wolgemuth, president/CEO of Youth for Christ/USA.
After the program, there will be a light appetizer/dessert reception.
Stateline Youth for Christ works alongside churches, schools and organizations to reach at-risk youth through mentoring and tutoring, and helping students improve their social, academic and spiritual health. The local chapter is part of the bigger effort of Youth for Christ, started in 1944. More information about Youth for Christ can be found at www.yfc.net.
Posted April 11, 2012