- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Stateline Youth for Christ offer Spring Concert Benefit April 28
Online Staff Report
Stateline Youth for Christ will offer their Spring Concert Benefit Saturday, April 28, at First Covenant Church, 316 Wood Road, Rockford.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with event running 7-9 p.m.
The evening will feature a piano/organ concert by Alan Tripp and Scott Griffin and guest speaker Dan Wolgemuth, president/CEO of Youth for Christ/USA.
After the program, there will be a light appetizer/dessert reception.
Stateline Youth for Christ works alongside churches, schools and organizations to reach at-risk youth through mentoring and tutoring, and helping students improve their social, academic and spiritual health. The local chapter is part of the bigger effort of Youth for Christ, started in 1944. More information about Youth for Christ can be found at www.yfc.net.
Posted April 11, 2012