- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Youth Football: Chicago Bears players to appear at May 19 Park District Training Camp
The Ninth Annual Rockford Football Training Camp is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 19, at Rockford’s Auburn High School Stadium, 5110 Auburn St., Rockford.
The stadium will open at 8:15 a.m. Guest speakers/instructors scheduled to appear at the camp are Bears players D.J. Moore, Nick Roach and Major Wright.
At the one-day camp, boys and girls ages 5-18 will learn foundational football skills and techniques from coaching staff led by NFL Youth Football staff and area high school coaches, meet the pros and participate in NFL Combine drills.
Fees for the May 19 camp are $50 per participant ($55 non-resident) if registered by April 19, and $60 ($65 non-resident) if registering April 20 and after; the fee includes a T-shirt, an energy snack, drink and autographs of Chicago Bears players who will be the guest instructors.
Meet-and-greet tickets are also available for fans and non-participants ages 3 and older for $50 per person if purchased by April 19, and $60 if purchased April 20 and after.
Meet-and-greet tickets include access to a special area for autographs and to meet the visiting Bears players from 10 to 11 a.m. Chicago Bears guests are subject to change.
Online registration for the camp and the meet-and-greet event is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click “Register Now”); registration by mail, fax (with credit card), and at Park District Customer Service locations.
For more information, call (815) 987-8800, (815) 962-7469 or e-mail email@example.com. Information about support for camp participants with disabilities is also available at (815) 987-8800.
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue