- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Youth Football: Chicago Bears players to appear at May 19 Park District Training Camp
The Ninth Annual Rockford Football Training Camp is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 19, at Rockford’s Auburn High School Stadium, 5110 Auburn St., Rockford.
The stadium will open at 8:15 a.m. Guest speakers/instructors scheduled to appear at the camp are Bears players D.J. Moore, Nick Roach and Major Wright.
At the one-day camp, boys and girls ages 5-18 will learn foundational football skills and techniques from coaching staff led by NFL Youth Football staff and area high school coaches, meet the pros and participate in NFL Combine drills.
Fees for the May 19 camp are $50 per participant ($55 non-resident) if registered by April 19, and $60 ($65 non-resident) if registering April 20 and after; the fee includes a T-shirt, an energy snack, drink and autographs of Chicago Bears players who will be the guest instructors.
Meet-and-greet tickets are also available for fans and non-participants ages 3 and older for $50 per person if purchased by April 19, and $60 if purchased April 20 and after.
Meet-and-greet tickets include access to a special area for autographs and to meet the visiting Bears players from 10 to 11 a.m. Chicago Bears guests are subject to change.
Online registration for the camp and the meet-and-greet event is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click “Register Now”); registration by mail, fax (with credit card), and at Park District Customer Service locations.
For more information, call (815) 987-8800, (815) 962-7469 or e-mail email@example.com. Information about support for camp participants with disabilities is also available at (815) 987-8800.
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue