- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Youth Football: Chicago Bears players to appear at May 19 Park District Training Camp
The Ninth Annual Rockford Football Training Camp is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 19, at Rockford’s Auburn High School Stadium, 5110 Auburn St., Rockford.
The stadium will open at 8:15 a.m. Guest speakers/instructors scheduled to appear at the camp are Bears players D.J. Moore, Nick Roach and Major Wright.
At the one-day camp, boys and girls ages 5-18 will learn foundational football skills and techniques from coaching staff led by NFL Youth Football staff and area high school coaches, meet the pros and participate in NFL Combine drills.
Fees for the May 19 camp are $50 per participant ($55 non-resident) if registered by April 19, and $60 ($65 non-resident) if registering April 20 and after; the fee includes a T-shirt, an energy snack, drink and autographs of Chicago Bears players who will be the guest instructors.
Meet-and-greet tickets are also available for fans and non-participants ages 3 and older for $50 per person if purchased by April 19, and $60 if purchased April 20 and after.
Meet-and-greet tickets include access to a special area for autographs and to meet the visiting Bears players from 10 to 11 a.m. Chicago Bears guests are subject to change.
Online registration for the camp and the meet-and-greet event is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click “Register Now”); registration by mail, fax (with credit card), and at Park District Customer Service locations.
For more information, call (815) 987-8800, (815) 962-7469 or e-mail email@example.com. Information about support for camp participants with disabilities is also available at (815) 987-8800.
From the April 11-17, 2012, issue