- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Concert for hunger April 20 at Rockton Hononegah High School
Online Staff Report
ROCKTON, Ill. — The Rockford District United Methodist Men will host their fourth annual hunger concert titled “Harmony for Hunger” from 7 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 20, at the Rockton Hononegah High School Performing Arts Center, 307 Salem St., Rockton.
Between the generosity of sponsors and ticket sales, the United Methodist Men were able to distribute approximately $14,000 to various hunger agencies from the past three concerts. The needs of the hunger agencies, however, have increased by 23 percent since 2009.
The concert is open to the public and will feature the Triumphant Quartet, 2009 Favorite Male Quartet of the Year and 2010 Traditional Quartet of the Year, and The Alleluia Quartet, a well-known Christian Quartet from the northern Illinois area.
Tickets are $10 and a free-will offering will be taken.
Proceeds will support hunger organizations including the Society of St. Andrews Meals for Millions, Rock River Valley Food Pantry, Belvidere/Boone County Food Pantry, Rockton/Roscoe Food Pantry, Pecatonica Food Pantry and the Cornucopia Food Pantry.
The emcee for the evening will be WFEN radio’s John Tallacksen.
Tickets will be sold at the door, subject to availability. For advance ticket purchases and additional information, call (815) 877-9237.
Posted April 18, 2012