- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Concert for hunger April 20 at Rockton Hononegah High School
Online Staff Report
ROCKTON, Ill. — The Rockford District United Methodist Men will host their fourth annual hunger concert titled “Harmony for Hunger” from 7 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 20, at the Rockton Hononegah High School Performing Arts Center, 307 Salem St., Rockton.
Between the generosity of sponsors and ticket sales, the United Methodist Men were able to distribute approximately $14,000 to various hunger agencies from the past three concerts. The needs of the hunger agencies, however, have increased by 23 percent since 2009.
The concert is open to the public and will feature the Triumphant Quartet, 2009 Favorite Male Quartet of the Year and 2010 Traditional Quartet of the Year, and The Alleluia Quartet, a well-known Christian Quartet from the northern Illinois area.
Tickets are $10 and a free-will offering will be taken.
Proceeds will support hunger organizations including the Society of St. Andrews Meals for Millions, Rock River Valley Food Pantry, Belvidere/Boone County Food Pantry, Rockton/Roscoe Food Pantry, Pecatonica Food Pantry and the Cornucopia Food Pantry.
The emcee for the evening will be WFEN radio’s John Tallacksen.
Tickets will be sold at the door, subject to availability. For advance ticket purchases and additional information, call (815) 877-9237.
Posted April 18, 2012