- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Dr. Philip Schalow attends NUCCA conference
Dr. Philip Schalow attended a session at the NUCCA conference (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) last week on the importance of detecting ligament injuries to the upper neck. The leader of the session, Dr. Scott Rosa, is a specialist in whiplash injuries to the upper neck.
Most MRI studies of neck injuries concentrate on disc lesions from the second vertebra down, but Dr. Rosa’s research amply demonstrates the critical importance of appropriate MRI imaging of the cranio-cervical junction, including ligaments of the atlas (C1). Damage to the ligaments in this area can cause intractable pain, headaches and other symptoms. Upper cervical chiropractic specialists find that these types of injuries respond well to specialized upper cervical corrections.
Dr. Schalow is the owner of 1st Step Chiropractic, 4519 Highcrest Road, Rockford, concentrating in the NUCCA procedure to correct the imbalanced spine from the cranio-cervical junction.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue