- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Dr. Philip Schalow attends NUCCA conference
Dr. Philip Schalow attended a session at the NUCCA conference (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) last week on the importance of detecting ligament injuries to the upper neck. The leader of the session, Dr. Scott Rosa, is a specialist in whiplash injuries to the upper neck.
Most MRI studies of neck injuries concentrate on disc lesions from the second vertebra down, but Dr. Rosa’s research amply demonstrates the critical importance of appropriate MRI imaging of the cranio-cervical junction, including ligaments of the atlas (C1). Damage to the ligaments in this area can cause intractable pain, headaches and other symptoms. Upper cervical chiropractic specialists find that these types of injuries respond well to specialized upper cervical corrections.
Dr. Schalow is the owner of 1st Step Chiropractic, 4519 Highcrest Road, Rockford, concentrating in the NUCCA procedure to correct the imbalanced spine from the cranio-cervical junction.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue