- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Dr. Philip Schalow attends NUCCA conference
Dr. Philip Schalow attended a session at the NUCCA conference (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) last week on the importance of detecting ligament injuries to the upper neck. The leader of the session, Dr. Scott Rosa, is a specialist in whiplash injuries to the upper neck.
Most MRI studies of neck injuries concentrate on disc lesions from the second vertebra down, but Dr. Rosa’s research amply demonstrates the critical importance of appropriate MRI imaging of the cranio-cervical junction, including ligaments of the atlas (C1). Damage to the ligaments in this area can cause intractable pain, headaches and other symptoms. Upper cervical chiropractic specialists find that these types of injuries respond well to specialized upper cervical corrections.
Dr. Schalow is the owner of 1st Step Chiropractic, 4519 Highcrest Road, Rockford, concentrating in the NUCCA procedure to correct the imbalanced spine from the cranio-cervical junction.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue