- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Dr. Philip Schalow attends NUCCA conference
Dr. Philip Schalow attended a session at the NUCCA conference (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) last week on the importance of detecting ligament injuries to the upper neck. The leader of the session, Dr. Scott Rosa, is a specialist in whiplash injuries to the upper neck.
Most MRI studies of neck injuries concentrate on disc lesions from the second vertebra down, but Dr. Rosa’s research amply demonstrates the critical importance of appropriate MRI imaging of the cranio-cervical junction, including ligaments of the atlas (C1). Damage to the ligaments in this area can cause intractable pain, headaches and other symptoms. Upper cervical chiropractic specialists find that these types of injuries respond well to specialized upper cervical corrections.
Dr. Schalow is the owner of 1st Step Chiropractic, 4519 Highcrest Road, Rockford, concentrating in the NUCCA procedure to correct the imbalanced spine from the cranio-cervical junction.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue