- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Former, current RVC students awarded scholarships
Friday, March 30, the Illinois Mathematics Association of Community Colleges (IMACC) announced this year’s winners of IMACC Memorial Fund Scholarships. Two of the three winners have ties to Rock Valley College (RVC).
Elizabeth Meena, a former RVC student who now attends Trinity International University, was awarded the top prize of $1,250. Current RVC student Brianna Koenig was awarded a $500 scholarship and will be attending Illinois State University next year. Both intend to be high school math teachers.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue