- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Former, current RVC students awarded scholarships
Friday, March 30, the Illinois Mathematics Association of Community Colleges (IMACC) announced this year’s winners of IMACC Memorial Fund Scholarships. Two of the three winners have ties to Rock Valley College (RVC).
Elizabeth Meena, a former RVC student who now attends Trinity International University, was awarded the top prize of $1,250. Current RVC student Brianna Koenig was awarded a $500 scholarship and will be attending Illinois State University next year. Both intend to be high school math teachers.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue