- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
- Pet Talk: Healthy pets make for a happy holiday
- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
Former, current RVC students awarded scholarships
Friday, March 30, the Illinois Mathematics Association of Community Colleges (IMACC) announced this year’s winners of IMACC Memorial Fund Scholarships. Two of the three winners have ties to Rock Valley College (RVC).
Elizabeth Meena, a former RVC student who now attends Trinity International University, was awarded the top prize of $1,250. Current RVC student Brianna Koenig was awarded a $500 scholarship and will be attending Illinois State University next year. Both intend to be high school math teachers.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue