- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Free nature programs at Atwood Park
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Atwood Center invites all ages to experience “In the Outdoors,” a series of free activities held one Saturday a month, April through September, at the 334-acre Seth B. Atwood Park.
Visitors can enjoy experiencing and learning about nature and aspects of the park through the variety of two-hour morning or one evening outdoor and indoor programs.
Upcoming morning sessions include April 21, Atwood’s Nature Neighborhood, and May 12, Atwood Parka Stewardship Saturday.
Complete session schedules and topics can be found in the Rockford Park District Spring/Summer 2012 Program Guide available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures and at Park District offices and facilities.
These are drop-in programs, with no registration required.
This series is just one of many free family-friendly activities offered by the Rockford Park District.
More information on Atwood programs, facility rentals and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood.
For information on disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted April 18, 2012