- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Free nature programs at Atwood Park
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Atwood Center invites all ages to experience “In the Outdoors,” a series of free activities held one Saturday a month, April through September, at the 334-acre Seth B. Atwood Park.
Visitors can enjoy experiencing and learning about nature and aspects of the park through the variety of two-hour morning or one evening outdoor and indoor programs.
Upcoming morning sessions include April 21, Atwood’s Nature Neighborhood, and May 12, Atwood Parka Stewardship Saturday.
Complete session schedules and topics can be found in the Rockford Park District Spring/Summer 2012 Program Guide available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures and at Park District offices and facilities.
These are drop-in programs, with no registration required.
This series is just one of many free family-friendly activities offered by the Rockford Park District.
More information on Atwood programs, facility rentals and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood.
For information on disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted April 18, 2012