- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Free nature programs at Atwood Park
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District’s Atwood Center invites all ages to experience “In the Outdoors,” a series of free activities held one Saturday a month, April through September, at the 334-acre Seth B. Atwood Park.
Visitors can enjoy experiencing and learning about nature and aspects of the park through the variety of two-hour morning or one evening outdoor and indoor programs.
Upcoming morning sessions include April 21, Atwood’s Nature Neighborhood, and May 12, Atwood Parka Stewardship Saturday.
Complete session schedules and topics can be found in the Rockford Park District Spring/Summer 2012 Program Guide available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures and at Park District offices and facilities.
These are drop-in programs, with no registration required.
This series is just one of many free family-friendly activities offered by the Rockford Park District.
More information on Atwood programs, facility rentals and group activities and retreats is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood.
For information on disability support and accessibility for people with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted April 18, 2012