- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Hospice and Grief Center to host veterans benefits seminar
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center will be hosting a seminar Wednesday, April 25, about veterans’ end-of-life care and benefits, military funeral planning and survivor benefits.
“Straight Talk with the Experts: Veterans’ End of Life Benefits and Resources” will be held from 2:30-4 p.m. at Stockholm Inn, 2420 Charles St.
The event, also presented by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Olson Funeral and Cremation Services, is free and open to the public. Please RSVP by April 18 to Penny White at (815) 398-0500 or email@example.com.
This event is part of Money Smart Week, April 21-28, 2012, a series of free classes and activities designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. Visit www.facebook.com/moneysmartrockford for a complete schedule of events.
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center
Founded in 1979, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, a 501(c)(3) organization, provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals, bereavement support for families and friends, and group and individual grief counseling for children, teens and adults. For more information, visit www.northernillinoishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue