- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Hospice and Grief Center to host veterans benefits seminar
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center will be hosting a seminar Wednesday, April 25, about veterans’ end-of-life care and benefits, military funeral planning and survivor benefits.
“Straight Talk with the Experts: Veterans’ End of Life Benefits and Resources” will be held from 2:30-4 p.m. at Stockholm Inn, 2420 Charles St.
The event, also presented by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Olson Funeral and Cremation Services, is free and open to the public. Please RSVP by April 18 to Penny White at (815) 398-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is part of Money Smart Week, April 21-28, 2012, a series of free classes and activities designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. Visit www.facebook.com/moneysmartrockford for a complete schedule of events.
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center
Founded in 1979, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, a 501(c)(3) organization, provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals, bereavement support for families and friends, and group and individual grief counseling for children, teens and adults. For more information, visit www.northernillinoishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue