- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Hospice and Grief Center to host veterans benefits seminar
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center will be hosting a seminar Wednesday, April 25, about veterans’ end-of-life care and benefits, military funeral planning and survivor benefits.
“Straight Talk with the Experts: Veterans’ End of Life Benefits and Resources” will be held from 2:30-4 p.m. at Stockholm Inn, 2420 Charles St.
The event, also presented by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Olson Funeral and Cremation Services, is free and open to the public. Please RSVP by April 18 to Penny White at (815) 398-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is part of Money Smart Week, April 21-28, 2012, a series of free classes and activities designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. Visit www.facebook.com/moneysmartrockford for a complete schedule of events.
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center
Founded in 1979, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, a 501(c)(3) organization, provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals, bereavement support for families and friends, and group and individual grief counseling for children, teens and adults. For more information, visit www.northernillinoishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue