- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Karla Clark to speak at RVC Writing Awards ceremony April 20
Online Staff Report
Rockford native and novelist Karla Clark will be the featured guest speaker at Rock Valley College’s (RVC) 28th annual Writing Awards ceremony at 3:30 p.m., Friday, April 20, in the Student Center Atrium on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
Clark attended Rockford Boylan Catholic High School, RVC and Northern Illinois University, where she graduated with a degree in journalism. She has published two novels (Between Courses: A Culinary Love Story and Annie’s Heaven) and a collection of short stories (Knotted Pearls and other stories). Her poetry has appeared in Blue Mountain Press and the Rockford Review.
After Clark’s speech, awards will be handed out by the RVC Composition and Literature Department to RVC students in various categories. After the awards, Clark will be available for a meet-and-greet and book signing.
The event is open to anyone in the community who wishes to attend. For more information, call Deborah Abney at (815) 921-3302 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted April 18, 2012