- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Karla Clark to speak at RVC Writing Awards ceremony April 20
Online Staff Report
Rockford native and novelist Karla Clark will be the featured guest speaker at Rock Valley College’s (RVC) 28th annual Writing Awards ceremony at 3:30 p.m., Friday, April 20, in the Student Center Atrium on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
Clark attended Rockford Boylan Catholic High School, RVC and Northern Illinois University, where she graduated with a degree in journalism. She has published two novels (Between Courses: A Culinary Love Story and Annie’s Heaven) and a collection of short stories (Knotted Pearls and other stories). Her poetry has appeared in Blue Mountain Press and the Rockford Review.
After Clark’s speech, awards will be handed out by the RVC Composition and Literature Department to RVC students in various categories. After the awards, Clark will be available for a meet-and-greet and book signing.
The event is open to anyone in the community who wishes to attend. For more information, call Deborah Abney at (815) 921-3302 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Posted April 18, 2012