- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Karla Clark to speak at RVC Writing Awards ceremony April 20
Online Staff Report
Rockford native and novelist Karla Clark will be the featured guest speaker at Rock Valley College’s (RVC) 28th annual Writing Awards ceremony at 3:30 p.m., Friday, April 20, in the Student Center Atrium on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
Clark attended Rockford Boylan Catholic High School, RVC and Northern Illinois University, where she graduated with a degree in journalism. She has published two novels (Between Courses: A Culinary Love Story and Annie’s Heaven) and a collection of short stories (Knotted Pearls and other stories). Her poetry has appeared in Blue Mountain Press and the Rockford Review.
After Clark’s speech, awards will be handed out by the RVC Composition and Literature Department to RVC students in various categories. After the awards, Clark will be available for a meet-and-greet and book signing.
The event is open to anyone in the community who wishes to attend. For more information, call Deborah Abney at (815) 921-3302 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Posted April 18, 2012