- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Karla Clark to speak at RVC Writing Awards ceremony April 20
Online Staff Report
Rockford native and novelist Karla Clark will be the featured guest speaker at Rock Valley College’s (RVC) 28th annual Writing Awards ceremony at 3:30 p.m., Friday, April 20, in the Student Center Atrium on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
Clark attended Rockford Boylan Catholic High School, RVC and Northern Illinois University, where she graduated with a degree in journalism. She has published two novels (Between Courses: A Culinary Love Story and Annie’s Heaven) and a collection of short stories (Knotted Pearls and other stories). Her poetry has appeared in Blue Mountain Press and the Rockford Review.
After Clark’s speech, awards will be handed out by the RVC Composition and Literature Department to RVC students in various categories. After the awards, Clark will be available for a meet-and-greet and book signing.
The event is open to anyone in the community who wishes to attend. For more information, call Deborah Abney at (815) 921-3302 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Posted April 18, 2012