- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Open house at P.A. Peterson April 28
P.A. Peterson Center for Health, a program of Lutheran Social Services of Illinois, presents “It’s All About You” from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, April 28, at its facility, 1311 Parkview Ave., Rockford. The public is invited to attend this free event.
The open house will feature opportunities to view or purchase items from vendors including Avon, Gold Canyon Candles, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, Purses by Lettie, Creations by Bernice and more. Tours of P.A. Peterson will be offered.
For more information about P.A. Peterson’s assisted living apartments, short-term rehabilitation services, nursing care services, outpatient rehabilitation and specialized memory care unit, call (815) 399-8832 or visit www.LSSI.org.
Founded in 1887, Lutheran Social Services of Illinois is a statewide, not-for-profit social services agency of the three Illinois synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
LSSI serves people through an array of services at more than 83 program sites across Illinois. In the Rockford area, LSSI offers a number of senior-oriented services, including Intouch Home Care Services, Peterson Meadows Retirement Community, Luther Center (affordable senior housing and assisted living), Spring Ridge (affordable senior housing), Legacy Corps (respite care), LifeBalance (a wellness program) and RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program).
For more information, visit www.LSSI.org or LSSI’s Facebook page.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue