- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Open house at P.A. Peterson April 28
P.A. Peterson Center for Health, a program of Lutheran Social Services of Illinois, presents “It’s All About You” from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, April 28, at its facility, 1311 Parkview Ave., Rockford. The public is invited to attend this free event.
The open house will feature opportunities to view or purchase items from vendors including Avon, Gold Canyon Candles, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, Purses by Lettie, Creations by Bernice and more. Tours of P.A. Peterson will be offered.
For more information about P.A. Peterson’s assisted living apartments, short-term rehabilitation services, nursing care services, outpatient rehabilitation and specialized memory care unit, call (815) 399-8832 or visit www.LSSI.org.
Founded in 1887, Lutheran Social Services of Illinois is a statewide, not-for-profit social services agency of the three Illinois synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
LSSI serves people through an array of services at more than 83 program sites across Illinois. In the Rockford area, LSSI offers a number of senior-oriented services, including Intouch Home Care Services, Peterson Meadows Retirement Community, Luther Center (affordable senior housing and assisted living), Spring Ridge (affordable senior housing), Legacy Corps (respite care), LifeBalance (a wellness program) and RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program).
For more information, visit www.LSSI.org or LSSI’s Facebook page.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue